Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
220.127.116.11 Update Notes
Posted on October 25th, 2019 11:44 AM EST
Until November 1st the event is active:
- Decorations have been added to some towns on all of the official maps, and the Liberator dress-up party has returned.
- Halloween Gift Presents containing costumes and skins are dropping.
- Several community-created items have been accepted to the Stockpile. In particular the Warlock and Obsidian Knight bundles are quite appropriately themed!
- Nested prefabs for modders, significantly speeding up asset development
- Headless dedicated server optimizations and performance improvements.
- Significantly improved .NET / mono stability, and stability in general.
- Terrain rendering CPU optimizations via instancing.
In the future this will allow us to update the outdated post-process effects, and take advantage of the scriptable render pipeline for superior performance.
- Added -ValidateAssets command-line option, and moved some of the slower asset checks behind this flag.
- Asset checks for missing meshes are now more thorough for more asset types.
- Multiple workshop maps can be specifically highlighted at a time now.
- Reworked logging systems, in particular benefiting servers. All information is in the Client.log or Server_XYZ.log files now.
- Fixed item drop exception for misconfigured animals.
- Lighting material values are cached before changing.
- Disabled unused Unity player loop subsystems.
- Object visibility updates are only checked while changing zones.
- Text outlines are only used on colorful backgrounds, and other text now has shadows instead.
- Fixed featured item labels to only show during new time window.
- Updated all vanilla terrain shaders to take advantage of instancing, and corrected some specular lighting issues.
- Fixed small values in some attachments being ignored.
- Sort-of workaround for GUI color problem on MacOS.
- Improved material and shader fixup process for older asset bundles.
- Stripped a variety of code that should not be in the game itself.
- Mute game volume on loading screen. There were some annoying noises depending where the loading camera was.
- Updated from SplatPrototypes to TerrainLayers API.
- Replaced usage of WWW with UnityWebRequest.
- Prevent duplicate asset bundle loading in the pending master bundle list.